Praise God! St. David’s generosity clearly WILL make a difference for many Waverly East Intermediate School students (and families) this coming fall! The items and quantity of items gathered last Sunday was nothing short of amazing! We are not done yet, but we have certainly taken a big bite out of it! (REMINDER: The students are between the ages of 9-13, so when we are talking about socks, undies, etc., they need to be med. to large youth sizes & some med. adult sizes).
The items that we still need include:
* Gift Cards ($10.00 – $25.00 from either Meijer or Target)
* Pencils & ball point pens
* Notebook paper
* 3-ring spiral notebooks
* Highlight Markers
* Pencil Erasers
* Full-sized Backpacks – Need more immediately
* Socks (both girls & boys) – Need immediately
* Underwear (boys & girls) – Need immediately
* Personal hygiene items (shampoo, deodorant, Tampax…) – Need immediately
* Knit Hats – Need starting Sept. 1
* Scarves – Need starting Sept. 1
* Gloves & Mittens – Need starting Sept. 1
Please continue to bring these items to Church, placing them in the Red barrel right outside of the Great Hall. If you either prefer not to shop or are unable to, you may support this effort with any sized contribution. If you use a personal check or electronic donation to St. David’s, please make it out to St. David’s & write “Waverly East” on the memo line. You can place your gift in the Sun. collection plate or place it in an envelope and either mail or drop it off at the office. RE: Gift Cards – either hand them to Gary, Amy or Andrea or place them in the collection plate marked “Waverly Outreach”.
Many blessings to you for your support of this very important ministry!
St. David’s Social Issues & Outreach Team