Welcome the season with joyful anticipation!
For most of us – especially children – the month of December is full of joyful expectation. We are people in search of hope and joy throughout the season of Advent. The season can be full of surprises and wonder. The story of Christmas is one full of anticipation; from the stars in the heavens to the shepherds in the fields, a sense of magic is in the air.
Families with children and youth on their own are invited to join the bi-diocesan Children and Youth Formation Team for a weekend retreat welcoming the Advent season at Camp Scottie in Howard City the weekend of December 1-3. There will be time for hiking outdoors, cozy winter fires, songs, fellowship, crafting and learning together.
Lodging will be in community bunkhouses with all meals are included. Youth in middle and high school are welcome to come for the weekend to retreat without their parents under the supervision of our formation team.
Questions about this event? Please contact McKenzie Knill (Director of Children, Youth, and Young Adult Formation) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Rev. Beckett Leclaire (Youth Missioner for Admin) at email@example.com.
December 1-3, 2023
Check-in: Friday, 4:30pm
Depart: Sunday, 2:00pm
8181 Newcosta Ave.
Howard City, MI 49329
WHO IS INVITED?
- Elementary aged children with their families.
- Middle and High-School Youth attending without a parent present.
OTHER REGISTRATION DETAILS
- The cost to attend has been subsidized to $25 per person.
- Children under five years old can register for free.
- The deadline to register is November 20th. Space is limited and may fill before the deadline. Please find registration and more information here.