Fr. Dave Blank began his tenure as the interim rector at St. David’s on Nov. 28, 2021.
Known as Pastor Dave in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, he is a native of western Pennsylvania. He has been an ordained minister for more than 30 years serving congregations in northwestern Pennsylvania and upstate New York, as well as Saint Andrews Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids and, most recently, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids.
During his pastoral tenure, Father Dave was also a full-time chaplain for LutheranCare, a long-term care facility located in Clinton, N.Y. He is a graduate of Thiel College in Greenville, Penn., and the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Penn. His ministry centers on Word and Sacrament, teaching, equipping the laity for service and leadership. He is also interested in ecumenism and Celtic Spirituality.
Father Dave is married to Judith M. Cole, a native of Buffalo and an artist. He is a father and grandpa. His hobbies include winemaking and Lionel trains.
Father Dave is typically at the church Sunday through Wednesday. Tentative office hours are:
- Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Monday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Note these hours are subject to change. If you would like to meet with Father Dave, it is recommended that you make an appointment. Father Dave may be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Father Dave’s Desk
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 27, 2022We are again faced with horrendous news, this time, in Uvalde, Texas. My heart aches for the families and friends of those who have lost their lives in another mass shooting in a school. I think of my own school age grandsonsContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 27, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 20, 2022The devastating news from Buffalo, NY we received this past week has become all too common. However, to the family, friends and the community where these children of God lost their lives this past Saturday, to those of us left behind, we willContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 20, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 7, 2022Greetings in the name of the risen Christ! Happy Easter! Alleluia! Alleluia! Here’s a few odds and ends to share: Canon Alan James from the Episcopal Diocese of Western Michigan will be with us on Sunday, May 15. He will be preaching and talking aboutContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 7, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for April 22, 2022Greetings in the name of the risen Christ! Happy Easter! Alleluia! Alleluia! Easter???? Wasn’t that LAST Sunday? We celebrated the “Queen of Feasts” on the day of Easter last Sunday but we continue in the Easter season. We have a week of Easter weeks, that is sevenContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for April 22, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for April 15, 2022Dear Friends in Christ, Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! I really like this picture. Two Episcopal priests, a Lutheran pastor and the Provisional Bishop of both Western and Easter Michigan Dioceses together. YouContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for April 15, 2022”