Fr. Dave Blank began his tenure as the interim rector at St. David’s on Nov. 28, 2021.
Known as Pastor Dave in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, he is a native of western Pennsylvania. He has been an ordained minister for more than 30 years serving congregations in northwestern Pennsylvania and upstate New York, as well as Saint Andrews Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids and, most recently, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids.
During his pastoral tenure, Father Dave was also a full-time chaplain for LutheranCare, a long-term care facility located in Clinton, N.Y. He is a graduate of Thiel College in Greenville, Penn., and the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Penn. His ministry centers on Word and Sacrament, teaching, equipping the laity for service and leadership. He is also interested in ecumenism and Celtic Spirituality.
Father Dave is married to Judith M. Cole, a native of Buffalo and an artist. He is a father and grandpa. His hobbies include winemaking and Lionel trains.
Father Dave is typically at the church Sunday through Wednesday. Tentative office hours are:
- Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Monday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Note these hours are subject to change. If you would like to meet with Father Dave, it is recommended that you make an appointment. Father Dave may be reached at: email@example.com
From Father Dave’s Desk
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Nov. 20, 2022Where did the contemporary Lord’s Prayer come from that now is a part of the Book of Common Prayer? In 1969 an independent ecumenical organization established the International Consultation on English Texts (ICET) to promote common liturgical texts for ecumenicalContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Nov. 20, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Nov. 13, 2022Continuing our conversation regarding the Lord’s Prayer. I have included several versions from just a few of the multitude of Bible translations that are available to folks today. I did not include the New Revised Standard Version – 1989 as the lectionsContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Nov. 13, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Nov. 6, 2022During the early years of my ministry, I lived in a small town in Northwestern Pennsylvania. I enjoyed participating in the local ministerium. Every year during Holy Week the ministerium would hold a three-hour Good Friday service at the local United Methodist Church. All theContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Nov. 6, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Oct. 30, 2022Next Sunday we remember all the saints of the church. Though, All Saints Day is the 1stof November, the Church moves the day to the Sunday following the 1st unless Sunday is the 1st! This year in recognition of all those weContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Oct. 30, 2022”
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Oct. 23, 2022Dear Friends and Family of St. David’s, Grace and peace to you from God our Father and Mother and the Lord Jesus Christ: This and that: THIS SUNDAY, October 23, the Rev. Canon Alan James will preach and preside atContinue reading “From Fr. Dave’s Desk for Oct. 23, 2022”