Fr. Dave Blank began his tenure as the interim rector at St. David’s on Nov. 28, 2021.
Known as Pastor Dave in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, he is a native of western Pennsylvania. He has been an ordained minister for more than 30 years serving congregations in northwestern Pennsylvania and upstate New York, as well as Saint Andrews Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids and, most recently, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids.
During his pastoral tenure, Father Dave was also a full-time chaplain for LutheranCare, a long-term care facility located in Clinton, N.Y. He is a graduate of Thiel College in Greenville, Penn., and the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Penn. His ministry centers on Word and Sacrament, teaching, equipping the laity for service and leadership. He is also interested in ecumenism and Celtic Spirituality.
Father Dave is married to Judith M. Cole, a native of Buffalo and an artist. He is a father and grandpa. His hobbies include winemaking and Lionel trains.
From Father Dave’s Desk
- From Father Dave’s Desk for Jan. 7, 2022January 6th is Epiphany. The day we celebrate the wise men (magi or kings) visit to the infant Jesus. When the wise men enter the home, they knelt down before the child and paid him homage, giving him gifts befitting a king. Pretty amazingContinue reading “From Father Dave’s Desk for Jan. 7, 2022”
- From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 31, 2021Friday, December 31 marks the seventh day of Christmas. I suppose most people are focused on the fact that it is New Year’s Eve and the consideration of what 2022 will bring. However, I believe if we all hold onto what Christmas really means,Continue reading “From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 31, 2021”
- From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 23, 2021Seven or eight years ago, a few days after December 25, I heard someone say to the checkout person at a local store, “Merry Christmas!” The clerk looked puzzled and said, “Why would you say that? Christmas is over.” Apparently, the clerk didn’tContinue reading “From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 23, 2021”
- From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 18, 2021Grace and peace to you from God the giver of life and the Lord Jesus Christ! As we come to our final Sunday of the Advent season we once again hear from Mary, a young woman who encounters a messengerContinue reading “From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 18, 2021”
- From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 10, 2021As we prepare for the Third Week of Advent, we hear John the Baptist’s cry to be ready for the entrance of the Messiah into the world. Of course, this isn’t just in reference to the birth of Jesus all thoseContinue reading “From Father Dave’s Desk for Dec. 10, 2021”