Fr. Dave Blank was the interim rector at St. David’s from Nov. 28, 2021 to June 1, 2023. His assignment was temporary until the hiring of St. David’s new rector, Fr. Joe Kennedy.
Known as Pastor Dave in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, he is a native of western Pennsylvania. He has been an ordained minister for more than 30 years serving congregations in northwestern Pennsylvania and upstate New York, as well as Saint Andrews Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids and, most recently, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids.
During his pastoral tenure, Father Dave was also a full-time chaplain for LutheranCare, a long-term care facility located in Clinton, N.Y. He is a graduate of Thiel College in Greenville, Penn., and the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Penn. His ministry centers on Word and Sacrament, teaching, equipping the laity for service and leadership. He is also interested in ecumenism and Celtic Spirituality.
Father Dave is married to Judith M. Cole, a native of Buffalo and an artist. He is a father and grandpa. His hobbies include winemaking and Lionel trains.
From Father Dave’s Desk
- A Note to St. David’s From Fr. Dave BlankThank you for the wonderful send off you gave Judy and me at the end of May. It was a delightful celebration and so good to see you one more time before ending my ministry with you. Thank you for the cards, prayers … Read more
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for June 3, 2023Thank you for the wonderful send off you gave to Judy and me this past Sunday. It was an amazing day filled with well wishes and hope for the days to come. I will keep you in my heart and prayers … Read more
- Fr. Dave’s 40th Anniversary of OrdinationFather Dave will be celebrating his 40th Anniversary of Ordination on Sunday, June 11 at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 1025 3 Mile Road NE, Grand Rapids during the 9:30am service. A catered brunch and time of fellowship will follow worship. … Read more
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 28, 2023Pentecost is a wonderful time to conclude one ministry and begin another! The winds of the Spirit will part ways between me as your interim priest in charge and the community of St. David’s. My call will take me to the … Read more
- From Fr. Dave’s Desk for May 21, 2023As I wind down my time with you – here’s a few odds and ends of interest (or not ). Since beginning my ministry at St. David’s I have racked up approximately 50,498 miles driving round trip from Rockford to Lansing … Read more